Sunday 2 September 2012

Vogue

      Hiya!
      I want to talk a little bit about Vogue and how I stumbled across it!
      Okay so on the way back from the best holiday I have ever had, whilst in the airport still in France, me and my friend decided to go in search of something to buy (seeing as we had quite a bit of money left). We had had to leave our complex at 10, check the car in at the airport at 11 and our flight wasn't until 4 so it was slightly inconvenient!
      So, we had to spend around 4 hours (take off an hour for checking in) wandering around aimlessly in the smallest airport ever. We went into a little newsagents and started looking through all the French magazines and trying to translate them. After about 10 minutes of this, I spotted that there were in fact some English magazines (this cheered us right up!) and so we started looking through them.
      I've never actually read Vogue. Mainly because I've never seen one in the newsagents and places I go, so I was intrigued. I picked it up (it was massive!) and started flicking through and decided I wanted to buy it. It was around 8 but it didn't bother me because for once I actually had money! Here's the issue I got:
      As you can see it's the British September Issue and it was the biggest fashion issue ever! Which makes me happy because it was also my first ever issue :)
      I've always loved fashion and have therefore been aware of trends but never to the extent that I am now thanks to this wonderful magazine! It's just so beautiful with pages upon pages of different brands. Some you think eurgh-I'm not sure about that! But some are just gorgeous! Like the mulberry 'where the wild things are double page spread:
      It just stood out for me as so different and unique as well as strangely beautiful! Such an interesting idea and I love the link between the children's story and high fashion. It's very mystical and strange. Set in a forest with the mist coming through the trees. Despite their obvious size and stature, I love how they go unnoticed by the model in this picture. There is no danger, just curiosity. And the model is beautiful dressed in the fuzzy coat inspired by the Wild Things, the gorgeous heeled ankle boots which are set for fame though Autumn/Winter 2012 and of course, the signature Mulberry Bag.
      So that concludes the first part of my Vogue adventure! I'll definitely be looking more closely at more of the magazine and talking about what trends are forecasted for Autumn/Winter 2012 :)
      Gee xxx
   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment