Sunday 30 September 2012

Monki

      Love it! Love it! Love it!
      I recently found the Monki store off Oxford Street while shopping with one of my friends. I had heard of it from a couple of youtubers and bloggers and decided the clothes looked really pretty! I first looked online and planned to buy a few items later on in the week when I had time. However, the very day I planned to buy these items, I found them in the store off Oxfore Street! Saved me £6 in shipping and I got the clothes immediately! So happy!
      Monki, in my opinion, is very unique. Each store has a quirky and different layout and the clothes are lovely and most of the time, well priced. Here are a couple of examples of stores:



      I'm not sure where the first store is but the second is the store I went to off Oxford Street in London. As you can see they are very different. 
      This is what I bought:
Lerima Top
£6

AIDA Singlet
£5

Millie Shirt
£19

      I love both the tee and the vest top as the fabric is soft and silky and hangs beautifully! I actually bought the vest top in grey but they don't have the colour online I don't think so I can't show you the picture. But I do plan to get more colours soon. They are great layering pieces and work as a base for most outfits. They are so versatile. Pair them with some jeans and a jacket for a casual look or dress them up with a body con skirt and some wedges. 
      The Millie shirt is lovely aswell. I bought it in a medium as they didn't have a small and I didn't want to order it in the post to find the small didn't fit. The sizing on Monki is quite strange. So this means the medium is big and baggy and covers my bum. I don't really mind though. I wear it with either of the tops, a pair of denim shorts or black body con skirt and some brown boots or black lace-up brogues. The fact that I wear something tight on the bottom means that the top doesn't swamp me as long as I roll up the sleeves and have the buttons undone. I could also wear it with skinny jeans or leggings as the shirt covers my bum. I'm not a fan of leggings being worn as trousers. Too many people think they can and you end up being able to see their knickers through their leggings! Not attractive at all!
      Anyway! That's my jibbering done! Hope you found this useful. You can look online on their website for a store finder or order online if there's not one near!

Speak to you soon! 
Gee xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment